ARMhf/ARM64 SDK Binaries

It would just be neat to make playdate games on a Raspberry Pi, and other devices like it :playdate:

7 Likes

I’d love this too, although I’d prefer ARM64.

3 Likes

+1 to this.
I've recently bought a Snapdragon ARM64 Chromebook and enabled Debian 11 and I'd love to be able to work from it as well.

Thanks

filed, for the record, but no promises on when we'll get around to this. If it's been a while and you haven't heard anything feel free to nag us :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I'd love to see this support as well, so that those using Asahi Linux can take advantage of it.

1 Like

I'd like to add my vote for an ARM64/Raspberry Pi version of the SDK. Would be a great way to get a suite of inexpensive systems up-and-running in an extra-cirricular educational setting.

And maybe this should be a separate request? I'd also love to see an ARM64 version of Mirror. I'm not certain what the system requirements are for streaming from the system (in terms of CPU, RAM, and power consumed/heat generated), but I'm looking into solutions for demoing our WIP game at expos later this year and a couple RPi 5s connected to montiors or TVs could be a really nice setup (not to mention easier to pack/ship).

3 Likes

I suspect if you're dedicated enough, you could get the x86_64 version of Mirror running on a Raspberry Pi using box64. I'd love to see someone try this. The SDK might work too, but if you wanted to use C, you'd have to set up an x86_64 C compiler as well.