Heavy Drinker - Game in Progress

Trying to figure out how to treat a world tile like a pressure plate... if you stand on it for a certain amount of time it triggers an event.

That's the end screen from Karateka.

Challenge accepted :slight_smile:
is it for Heavy Drinker, or should we kick off a new thread? Or maybe DMs, if open discussion might erode the fun for others when they get to play?

EDIT: oh, is the challenge there the pressure plate idea? i can definitely handle that.

Wow. For these more elaborate scenes, are you just drawing one tile at a time? Or is there any tooling to break up a pixel drawing into the tiles?

Or importers of artwork?

Just tile by tile. It's not actually that hard, and is fun as a technique. Maybe like physically doing mosaic art.

But I'd be happy to try other ways of importing art of creating these if people have ways of doing so.

Puzzle room.

1 Like

1 Like

So many odd rooms!

:smiley: Thanks for the love of the odd

2 Likes

I am looking for someone to collaborate with on a project. My day job was R&D software engineering, so I am used to building proof of concepts and prototypes before moving onto something big and complicated.

I want to be making isometric RPGs, but that is a lot of work for a first project. Therefore, I want to make a series of small projects to develop the systems that can be used in an RPG.

1 Like

Looks amazing! I spotted the Black Lodge at once.

1 Like

Thanks! You got it right...

Yeah we can talk more.

1 Like

Any success on implementing a pressure-plate? I swear I saw a youtube video that talked about how to do it, but I can't find it/figure it out myself.

Working out some bugs in this release... will get back.

There were some comments in this thread about restarting/crashing issues with a few games including Heavy Drinker, but I don't think it's actually game-related. The thread below explains:

1 Like

I bought this gave for a dollar on Itch. About how complete would you say this is? And it's been a few weeks, should I update the file?

It's been complete for quite some time now. No need to update the file.