Moving by more than one cell

Hello! I'm completely new to this coding stuff so question is very simple
I have larger character so I wish it makes larger steps.
In my logic it's very simple: on event-movement - move character on 1-2-whatever steps further than pressed button direction.
But I don't understand how to code this. I tried to use something like

on update do
if event.px==1 then
        playerX += 3
end

but it's not working

on update do
if event.px==1 then
playerX++
playerX++
playerX++
goto playerX,event.py
end
//should work becase playerX++ adds one so if you make it happen 3 times it will move 3

What is playerX? What are you doing to make changes to it actually affect the player? Are you calling goto playerX,playerY at some point later in your code that isn’t shown here?

Somewhere here was an example where user attached another block to the player block and made move together. That part was looking like this and I thought that will help me somehow.

on calculateMove do
	player2X = event.px // event.px is where the player moved
	player2Y = event.py
	player2Y -= 1 // the head is one tile above

I just dont know where to begin

I don't know is it right, but it did nothing :frowning:

Looking at this again, this code means that when the player is on the second column of a room (event.px==1) set playerX 3 columns to the right. Did you mean to use event.dx (the direction the player moved along the x axis) here?

The idea was that no matter where the player is, each move should place him on 3 blocks instead of one as by default :thinking:

I get that. I think the issue is that instead of basing that relative change on their movement direction your code is basing it on when they occupy a specific tile because it’s using the wrong event variable. event.px is the player’s x coordinate. event.dx is the direction they just tried to move in.

So then my code should like this

on update do
	if event.dx==1 then
		playerX += 3
	end

Probably I still don't get something because it's not working. I can load room, by moving by one cell