Playbox2d (port of box2d lite physics engine to C and Playdate SDK)

Day after US Thanksgiving here (Black Friday), sipping a beverage and idling through the playbox2d source code - happily discovered that collision detection is in fact supported:

world:getNumberOfContacts(body1, body2)

...tested that in a minigame testbed and it works a treat.

While looking through the sources I was also wondering 'what's this Arbiter thing all about?' - and found a slide deck ('Arbiters' towards the end) that I share here in the hopes it might prove useful to folks using playbox2d: Fast and Simple Physics using Sequential Impulses

Happy holidays!

Edit: Really enjoying this... mini-game update using Playbox2d
here.

1 Like

I tried getting this to compile in VS 2022, and I'm getting this error and I'm not sure how to fix it:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't edited or modified the code at all from the source

Sounds like what I also ran into (see my post in this thread above ), the tweaks I made in my local version (to two files):

Oh geez, I saw that image, I made the change to the lua_reg part, but didn't even notice it was two files....THANK YOU

1 Like

Won't these commands be ported to the M processor? Or do they in fact just call into various tools that are already ported? Still, would be nice not having to install Rosetta.

We do have a tracking issue to get moved to a universal ARM compiler but that requires a lot of validation on our end so we haven't had time to do it just yet.

1 Like