Playboy - A Nintendo Gameboy emulator for Playdate

Ah, that’s it. I thought rom was a placeholder.

It’s running, but still very slow - about 1 FPS.

It's working on actual hardware! Albeit, like others have already mentioned, at like, 1 fps. Definitely shows proof of concept but not practical on the physical device yet. Excited for you to get your real device! Any word on shipping for you?

Panic should give @adam a privilage! Great project!

I am also working on an emulation project. Maybe it can be run a little bit faster.

1 Like

Make a thread! Also did you run this on an official device yet? Guessing lot's of people would test this for you if you asked :slight_smile: .

I just tried it in the playdate, unfortunately it works at 1 fps. I hope the project goes on :slight_smile:

I also hope this project succeeds. I know there are other Game Boy emulators for Playdate, but c'mon, this one's called Playboy so obviously this is the one I want to buy.

Holy cow of all the places, look where I found you again! We may be the only two people having a playdate in our city :joy:

1 Like

Ahahah how are you?
Basta non so dire altro...

I'm fine, just received my Playdate as a birthday gift from my gf like a week ago☺️

There's always Google translate BTW :rofl:

I received it a few months ago, I had pre-ordered it on day one. On itch.io you find many games to install on the playdate

Yeah I know, been sideloading since I opened it! I tried to preorder it on D1 but there was a glitch for international users, so I gave up temporarily.
But then, my gf found it on ebay and gifted it to me on my 40th bday :grimacing:

1 Like

Hey Adam, did you ever get the sound working? I haven't been able to find anything new on the subject.

Hello, i just received my Playdate and it says that is incompatible with the news update, there is anything that I could do to fix that ?