Video encoder (work in progress, mac only)

Is it possible to create smaller-than-full-screen video? I always get 400,240 when using video:getSize(). The file size also doesn't seem to be smaller than a fullscreen video (which is weird, since you'd expect the black bars on the side to compress.

Source and resulting files:
gravity_express_test250x240.zip (1.6 MB)
Visually, I get what I want when using "scale to fit inside", but I'm after smaller filesizes, ofcourse.

I used both the 1bivideo mac app and the web encoder by @hteumeuleu. Same result, or am I missing something?

For both I used "scale to fit inside", which already indicates that this isn't what I'm looking for. I don't want any scaling for my 250x240 video.

(upload://z21KuU5JwCDFxrsDNUuz5Ewhj9H.zip) (455.9 KB)

Oops, looks like I never posted the update with settable video size. Here's a current build:

1bitvideo.app.zip (202.8 KB)

I have the portable command-line version of the encoder working now using ffmpeg, will get that cleaned up and the source posted as soon as I can get all the other more important stuff taken care of.

6 Likes

Thanks, works great!

Another advantage not mentioned is that the audio is converted to wav in this version, which is compatible with he sdk. Great for protyping, altough for optimization you'll probably want to convert the audio yourself, to 22khz for example

oh, good catch! I'd forgotten about that. :stuck_out_tongue: