Ability to sort or reorder (non-season?) games in Launcher menu

I have a bunch of non-season games on my Playdate made by wonderful people on this forum or on Itch.io. I'd love to be able to reorder them somehow, since some I play more than others. Thanks!

3 Likes

Sorting, and/or putting into manual "folders" would be cool.

I was also thinking that a card for "Games List" might be nice: a simple text list, able to show 4 or 5 games on screen at once, for rapid browsing. Maybe a choice of alpha/date/manual sort.

And/or maybe a "small card" view with 4 cards on screen at once (ideally with a custom small card image in the .pdx.)

Either of those views could shift into the full-size card at game launch, for the sake of the nice animation.

1 Like

Would really love this! I currently have 73 games sideloaded along with my season games and it's getting a bit difficult to locate which ones I want to play
Sorting I'd like to have :

• Latest uploaded first (current one)
  • Alphabetical
  • Grouped by Developer
  • Recently played (most recently played games at the top)
  • Most played (biggest total playtime first)
1 Like

Just wanted to post to say that we do realize that as people add more and more games to their Playdates the current Launcher is starting to fall a bit short. We have talked about a whole variety of of ideas internally (some similar to some of what has been mentioned in this thread!), have already introduced list view, and have some more enhancements on the way!

7 Likes

Nintendo 3DS had exactly this problem too :heart:

2 Likes

I want to browse my games in alphabetical order . Then i could see which ones were double installed and remedy that situation more easily

(This has been an issue since the big 2.0 update where new game updates appeared as new games)

And ive got maybe 100 games sideloaded

Same thing on the sideload page of the website. I want to browse them in alphabetical order so i can delete the doubles and manage my games collection better