Bloom: A real-time narrative social sim

UPDATE:
The full version of Bloom is out now, you can get it here:

Original post:
Hey! Over this past weekend RNG Party (myself and @pichuscute) developed a game for Ludum Dare 49. We've been doing every LD consistently for years, and thought it was about time to break out the Playdate. What we ended up with was a real-time narrative-driven social sim called Bloom.

bloom_smol

Bloom is an idle game that takes place over several real-life days, and encourages regularly checking your flowers and reading bite-sized conversations from friends and family over time.

Here's a link to the prototype we developed in 72hrs. We plan to keep developing it and posting updates! Also big thanks to Panic for giving us the thumbs up to submit the game and publish the pdx.

bloom8

16 Likes

Love it to bits. Carry on.

3 Likes

Since the forum is public now and some people may not be aware, Bloom has been being worked on steadily since this time and has turned into the first commercial Playdate game (coming out on launch)! The itch has been updated accordingly: Bloom by RNG Party Games

We'll get this thread updated more thoroughly here soon. In the meantime, you can always check out our twitter for the latest @RNGParty.

3 Likes

this is looking so cute!! i love the style and it looks really polished. can't wait for launch ;-; eek

2 Likes

I REMEMBER THIS!! Playdate's twitter talked about this and I was enamored by it the moment I saw it. :slight_smile: Congrats on being the first commercial release! (Does that mean it's gonna be paid, though?)

EDIT: Yep, just saw the itch. Well, my money's set to actually place an ORDER for a Playdate, so that's my top priority. I may buy this afterwards...)

Regardless, I love this!

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words y'all, they are much appreciated as we make our way through the home stretch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good news: we've finished the full game :slight_smile:

Looking forward to when people finally get to play it!

Here's a short teaser for the game!

4 Likes

Bloom's soundtrack has been officially release! You can find a mix of it in full here, with a 1-bit animation too:

It's available on all major music platforms, as well as itch io:
https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/pichuscute/bloom-official-soundtrack

Now that Playdates have started shipping, we've released Bloom on itch.io! You can grab it here:
Bloom by RNG Party Games

We also have a new trailer:

3 Likes

Just bought my copy, loading it onto the 'date now. Thanks for the awesome work!

2 Likes

Update: This game is awesome! One of my most played since getting mine yesterday!

2 Likes