Cannot Register Simulator (404 url)

I wanted to add to this chain as I ran into this problem this morning. I am about 90% done with a game I have written and I wanted to test the full game in the simulator. I do not have a Playdate yet (i'm in group 5). The game works in the simulator but I wanted to work on what the user would see when the game launches and assumed the simulator would show that if I registered the simulator and attempted to side load the game. This is what I am looking at specifically: https://sdk.play.date/1.13.7/Inside%20Playdate.html#:~:text=3.6.-,Game%20metadata,-If%20a%20file

My questions are:

1. Can I test the card/intro animations in the simulator? If yes, how do I do that?
  2. Do I need to be registered for question #1?

I can confirm that the registration process is a mess and to me it felt like I had to be registered to test the card/intro animation parts. Before today I just loaded a .pdx file in the simulator and had not looked at the card/intro animation. Maybe this will provide context for some of the other posts you have seen.

1. Copy your game to PlaydateSDK/Disk/Games on your PC
  2. In Simulator, press Menu, then choose Home
  3. Now you will see the launcher and cards, animations etc.

On macOS, you can also put an alias to your game in that folder and keep your actual game pdx in its build folder.

If you've not used a device it's less than obvious, so it would be good if it was added to the docs.

2 Likes

Thanks Matt - I appreciate the steps, the dev forum has been tremendously helpful.

1 Like

This solution was save me. I registered wi-fi setting and playdate simulator registration.
Thank you.