Can't install SDK…

I just did a clean install of macOS Sonoma 14.2 and I'm trying to install the latest PlaydateSDK, but it just keeps coming back with "The installation failed…contact the software manufacturer for assistance".

It gets through moving items into place and validating, but then it fails.

Take a look here, a similar older issue: Playdate SDK v1.11.0 fails to install on Mac OS 12.3.1

Let us know if it as actually installed?

Thanks @matt. It's definitely not installed. Pulling up Console I get the following (which seems to be the same as what others were getting):

2023-12-13 12:44:10-05 Bryans-MacBook-Pro installd[585]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “PlaydateSDK.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file:///Users/bryanrieger/Downloads/PlaydateSDK.pkg#PlaydateSDK.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=date.play.sdk, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “PlaydateSDK.pkg”.} {
NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cPlaydateSDK.pkg\U201d.";
NSURL = "file:///Users/bryanrieger/Downloads/PlaydateSDK.pkg#PlaydateSDK.pkg";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "date.play.sdk";
}

MacOS 14.2, MBP 14-inch 2021 Apple M1 Pro

Got it. I forgt that I had added PLAYDATE_SDK_PATH to my .zshenv file which was in conflict with the postinstall script. Removed the ENV variable and it worked fine.

1 Like