Circle colliders

I would love to have circle colliders that can interact with each other and rect colliders. I'm making an Arkanoid-style game so I have a ball, but the ball can hit the corners of bricks even though it might look like it should pass right by. I also use the touch property of collisions which I think can be confusing with rect colliders (which point on each collider is it basing the touch on?), whereas with a circle collider there is only one possible collision point.

1 Like

I rolled my own (likely not great) collision because of this.

However, could you use the squares and then when the sprite you know is circular collides do some extra checks and calculations?

I probably could, but then I'd have to manage the collisionResponse for every collision. The SDK is already so nice - I think adding circle colliders would be the cherry on top.

3 Likes

I agree with this. Circle colliders would be amazing <3

I'll file an issue on this as I agree it would be useful! (and to remind me to give an implementation some more thought) However, it would require significant work on the collision engine which is really optimized for AABB collisions only, so I'll just say don't expect this to be added to the SDK in the very near future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Setting a reminder to post again in this thread 12 months from now haha.

3 Likes