Conquest of Helios

I've released our game Conquest of Helios on itch.io.

playdate-20220602-181046

playdate-20220602-181846

playdate-20220602-181015

It's a lite strategy game where your objective is basically total conquest of a fictional continent. It's turn-based against computer opponents and can be played in a easier shorter session or a harder longer one (with a save game).

Itch.io Link: Conquest of Helios (Playdate) by Jongjungbu

Hope you enjoy it!

12 Likes

Been absolutely loving this. Out of curiousity, is this made straight with custom code, or was pulp used at all? I only ask because the right angles of the continent remind me of how pulp land masses have looked, though it could just be an aesthetic choice.

Looks great and is fun!

1 Like

This game is made completely using Pulp.

Regarding the map, originally, I drew the continent outline more realistically and meticulously, like a Paradox type game's map might be. Then I redrew it similar to how some old Koei games drew their maps, in that sort of grid-like right-angle fashion; and I liked the latter much better. Nostalgia hit me. So I decided to keep it that way. I am not sure I even have the original drawing but it's probably somewhere.

2 Likes

this game is really great, has a good text based adventure feel and a civ game feel. really nice work on this!

1 Like

Thanks! Speaking of which, I would love to see/play a text adventure game on the PD. Or a Monkey Island style.

This looks really nice. Reminds me of an old game I used to play as a kid.
By the way, let me know if you wish to add French as a language (not sure how to do this in pulp though).

1 Like

This looks great! Downloaded :+1:

1 Like

Will be playing this once I get my playdate :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks great and reminds me of Cinemaware's Defender of the Crown. Awesome job! :sunglasses:

2 Likes