[CPP] Guide: C++ on Playdate

Do you know from where this is being called/linked? I've never seen that error as a missing function before, but I know you're working on porting something that comes from a different platform. If I can get a super minimal repro case I may be able to add it to the boilerplate and have it not be completely broken either.

1 Like

check if there isn't a srand(Time(null)) somewhere, the time functions do not work on playdate as far as i'm aware and you need to use the playdate equivalents, that time function is usually used in combinations with srand or maybe what you are porting uses it some other way, but you should not use those functions. I had encountered the same issue at some point

1 Like

Hi, I have a dumb question... Is there anything special I should do to include an asset folder? Like fonts, images, etc. I tried to setup the project like in the particles example but when I press build, the resulting pdx does not contain the asset folder (which is named Source, placed at the same level as main.cpp). For info I am using CLion on Windows. Other non-I/O code can run btw.

Oh nvm, something somehow replaced CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR with an actual path (clion, is that you?), I reverted the changes and its working.

Just a side question, I am planning to use a library but it throws lots of things... I read that exception handling is on schedule, is it going well at the moment?

Hey, sorry for the delay in response w/r/t/ the question about exceptions. They're still something I want to be able to support. I've done some tinkering with little progress, so it's not clear how that's going to happen, but it is a key goal for the project to be able to support this. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.