Documentation has mistakes

The official documentation contains two similar errors in FilePlayer and SamplePlayer about returned types of methods getRate and getOffset.
It's should be float instead of void

3 Likes

Also, I found another mistake in source of method newLFO
Instead of PDSynthLFO* playdate->sound->newLFO(LFOType type) it is should be PDSynthLFO* playdate->sound->lfo->newLFO(LFOType type)
at: Inside Playdate with C

1 Like

Additional error:
int playdate->sound->synth->setWavetable(PDSynth* synth, AudioSample* sample, int log2size, int rowwidth) has wrong arguments.
It's should be int playdate->sound->synth->setWavetable(PDSynth* synth, AudioSample* sample, int log2size, int columns, int rows)

1 Like

One more:
int playdate->sound->synth->setParameterModulator(PDSynth* synth, int num, PDSynthSignalValue* mod) just return void. So it's should be
void playdate->sound->synth->setParameterModulator(PDSynth* synth, int num, PDSynthSignalValue* mod)

1 Like

Another one about wrong return type:
float playdate->sound->lfo->setGlobal(PDSynthLFO* lfo, int global)
should be:
void playdate->sound->lfo->setGlobal(PDSynthLFO* lfo, int global)

1 Like

All BitCrusher's documetation has wrong path because of bitcrusher lowercase

BitCrusher* playdate->sound->effect->bitCrusher->%method_name%
should be:
BitCrusher* playdate->sound->effect->bitcrusher->%method_name%

1 Like

Same issue about onepolefilter, twopolefilter and ringmodulator

1 Like

The system flags new users who post too many links. But I've restored you're original posts. Best to keep links to docs to a minimum for now.

1 Like

Thank you, Matt.
Strange situation about bot, btw I've found few errors in documentation while working on some project. So, let me know if you need more info about those issues.

Post the errors,

but no need to post a link to that section of the documentation

Awesome, thank you!! I got some of these already over the weekend when I plowed through the huge list of docs fixes we had filed, but a lot of them still needed fixing. :pray:

3 Likes