Error when attempting to compile PDX

Hello, with this particular project when I try to compile it as a PDX, I get the error " /tmp/tmp9sqr1fq7/Source/data.lua:1: unexpected symbol near 'end' ". I have earlier backups of the same project that do compile correctly so it must be something that has come up recently, but I have absolutely no idea what, so any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Would you mind exporting your game as JSON and sending it to me by private message? There's probably a string in your code somewhere that's causing an unanticipated problem, so this will help us track it down. Thanks!

Sorry but I'm having trouble working out how to send a private message, I'm not seeing a little envelope symbol next to your profile?

Ah, your account was too new to send private messages. Try it again now?

I'm getting a similar error when trying to download the pdx of my project. I don't have any recent backups, so I'm a bit worried about losing a large chunk of progress.

error: /tmp/tmpmdyzgsy_/Source/data.lua:1: unexpected symbol near 'return

Update: I seem to have fixed the issue. If anyone else gets a similar error, try searching the last word in the error message in the small search bar while viewing your project, then rename each instance.

Thank you for this! I had the same error with the same word as you; I don't know if Pulp has a problem with the word "return" being used in a string or if it's some other reason that happened - either way changing the word has fixed it.

1 Like