I was looking through the Inside Playdate documentation and noticed this:
This SDK contains:
- Software tools to compile your game
- A device simulator to test your game
- A set of libraries for common functions you can use in your game
- Some fonts and other assets you can use in your game
- Some example code and games
- The latest firmware image for the console hardware
As far as I know, the SDK doesn't contain the console firmware; it's received from the Playdate server API.
The only relation that the SDK has to the firmware is that they're updated on the same schedule and the SDK's functions bind to the firmware.
Is this a mistake in the documentation?