Looking for alpha playtesters

I've been working on a Horror / Virtual Pet game throughout 2024 and I've finally reached a point where I feel like it's ready for wider feedback.

I am looking for a small group of people who would be willing to play through the full experience (20-30 mins) and give me honest feedback. No long-term commitment is necessary, though if you'd like to be an ongoing playtester you are certainly welcome to.

If you are interested, please send me a message and I will respond with more details and a dev build of the game when I am able. I will re-post here when I've got enough people.

Some things to note:

• Looking to polish it up and sell it for probably $1. I want people to feel they got their money's worth, but not looking to make it the most groundbreaking thing ever.
  • All of the art assets are my programmer-art best effort. Some of the art feels good enough to keep, but a lot of it is probably going to be replaced.
  • The game will work on the simulator, but is best experienced on the hardware.
  • The horror aspect is mostly psychological - No jump scares, excessive gore, etc - Pony Island is a good comparison
  • You'll get a listing in the game's credits, if you'd like.

I'd love any feedback you want to give on:

• Bugs
  • Game Feel
  • Story/Narrative
  • Music

Thanks!
Dan

Screenshots

Screenshot from 2024-05-30 15-06-41

Screenshot from 2024-05-30 15-07-47

Screenshot from 2024-05-30 15-08-49

3 Likes

would love to playtest for you.

1 Like

Just sent you a message with the latest build. Feel free to post your feedback there, or on this thread.

Thank you for the help & interest! :slight_smile:

Sign me up, happy to help!

1 Like

Sent you a download key. Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I am obsessed with virtual pet games, and horror games too. Would love to get to playtest this!

1 Like

Sent you a download key in a DM, thank you!

I'll be happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks cool! Would like to playtest and provide feedback.

1 Like

Key sent, thank you!

Sent a key, thank you!