More control over player inputs

1. Describe your reason for requesting this feature. What problems are you running into?

Trying to disable a button in pulp is quite difficult and requires an annoying work around most of the time, while it’s simple with the A and B buttons, when trying ignore just the dpad or a single direction by taking the player back to where they just were, this still activates the “collect” function on the tile they would have moved too

So, what if there was a config for each direction/button like

Config.upIgnore

That you could change.
This could also apply to the input reappearing config, where it would be enabled for individual buttons e.g.

Config.allowbuttonrepeatingup

(Maybe this could also act as a substitute for detecting if the a or b button is held down, by checking every frame if the button is still held down after it’s pressed initially?)

1. How would this request improve your experience with using Pulp?

It would give people more control over the inputs in a simple way (that I believe) would fit in with the other features of pulp

1. Include any other details you have relating to this request.

Are there any more plans for pulp? I haven’t been able to find any indication either way as to wether there will be more features or not, and I’m wondering if it’s worth waiting for stuff that would help with these issues, or if I should just change the game around them?

1 Like

it’s been quite a while, and I’m just wondering if there is a possibility of allowing something like input repeating on the a and b buttons? Some kind of confirmation that it either is or isn’t being worked on/considered would be very helpful :slight_smile: