New Release: Anti Aircraft Artillery

UPDATE I got my hardware a little while back and finally got around to fixing the issues with this game! I posted a working release on itch that can be downloaded here.

Thank you to everyone who helped with feedback and troubleshooting and a huge shout out to Scenic Route Software for the very specific and invaluable help of Lua optimization and finding out why i was crashing the hardware when i didn't have it yet.

If you get to try the game let me know what you think of it!

I just release my Playdate game on itch.io !

Shot1

I'm waiting on my own Playdate currently so i haven't been able to test it on the hardware yet so if anyone could offer any feedback I'd greatly appreciate it!

6 Likes

Crashed the playdate on launch, unfortunately.

Thanks for checking it out, i'm looking into the code to see if theres anything obvious but i dont know how much troubleshooting i can do until my Playdate comes in

I don't have time to check it out today, but if someone with hardware can press (B) after a crash, useful log output will be displayed. Tiny text, but someone could grab a phone photo or OCR of it. That might tell you which line of code runs into trouble.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this!

I should have said press (B) for crash details. Fixed above! (A) skips the details.

1 Like

I had exactly the issue shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rtkGrBiNKE - in fact I immediately found this video when I searched for how to reset the playdate lol.

1 Like

Well thats unfortunate, i'm talking with another developer with the hardware to troubleshoot whats going on. Thanks for pointing me to this and checking out the game!

1 Like

I got my hardware a little while back and finally got around to fixing the issues with this game! I posted a working release on itch that can be downloaded here.

Thank you to everyone who helped with feedback and troubleshooting and a huge shout out to Scenic Route Software for the very specific and invaluable help of Lua optimization and finding out why i was crashing the hardware when i didn't have it yet.

If you get to try the game let me know what you think of it!

1 Like