I’m just not seeing any GC at all for the first minute or so of running my game, and then suddenly there’s a ton of GC resulting in a big spike.
I would expect to see regular smaller GC hits, rather than the one large lump.
The source of my GC is known to be
- constant GC, as expected (shows as dark grey)
- default GC settings
- custom 5ms GC setting
- custom 5ms plus setGCScaling(x,y) settings
all give the same result.
- no GC at all… (just light grey)
Shortly after the above screen screen grab a sudden GC spike led to this:
- …then, sudden large GC spike
- approx 10x previous level on the chart
Using default GC settings I am seeing a big GC hit and resultant frame rate stutter.
- This happens after 1 minute of my game running
- and every 1 minute after that
- I can reproduce it on demand
- changes to
setGCScaling()make no difference?
- also happens with my recent demo which was built with 1.0.8 SDK
- all timers are removed from my game
- GC hit is usually in
allOverlappingSprites(), one of my most called functions, declared as local+const
- is this a problem with the way my game works?
- or is it something outside of my control?
ps: I am using a 1.1.1 test version