No simulator audio after listening to micinput

My simulator stops playing audio after I call playdate.sound.micinput.startListening(). It still doesn't play audio after calling playdate.sound.micinput.stopListening() or switching to another game. It starts playing audio again if I restart the simulator. I'm on a 2020 M1 Mac Mini with Sonoma 14.2.1, and my simulator is version 2.2.0.

If you go in to Settings -> System -> Input Test does that also stop your audio output until you restart?

Yes, going to Settings -> System -> Input Test also stops my audio output until I restart.

It works when I connect a microphone.

What were you using without a mic? What are your mic and speakers outputs set to?

I was loading the game onto my device through the simulator to test mic input, and I noticed that audio output stopped working on the simulator. My mic and speakers are set to the default. For speakers, that's the built-in Mac mini speakers, but it doesn't have a built-in mic.

OK, I can reproduce this. I'll investigate, thanks for the information!

1 Like

ftr Will got a fix for this in the 2.3 release that came out today. Please let us know if this doesn't fix the problem for you!

The fix seems to have worked for me! Audio is working after listening to mic input even though there is no mic connected. Thanks @willco !