Optimizing game load times on device

Hey all,

So I've finally got store/restore working properly, saving object positions across 10 rooms. However I'm noticing that the initial boot time (black screen) between card and title screen is starting to feel long, even when no variables have yet been stored for many of the rooms. I've combed through game and player scripts to remove any "on load" routines that could go elsewhere, and I've even moved the restore action to when the player hits START from the title screen. I've deleted all unused rooms from the project.

I'm looking for any other optimizing tips to keep that initial black screen to a minimum. I suspect it's having to trudge through all that manual "store" code to specific variables, since I've yet to find a way to achieve it via loop. Thanks—

Current "black screen" load time is 5 seconds. Feels too long.

I'm not familiar with how pulp works under the hood, but I would guess that data that's been stored is still on disk until you use "toss", so maybe it's trying to load lots of data you don't need any more?

Maybe start from fresh if you don't mind losing saved data, either by doing a one off "toss" command, or by clearing the game data via settings.

I'm looking for any other optimizing tips to keep that initial black screen to a minimum. I suspect it's having to trudge through all that manual "store" code to specific variables, since I've yet to find a way to achieve it via loop.

You're not doing the stores on load are you? Or was this meant to say "restore"?