Option to disable JSON minifying

1. Describe your reason for requesting this feature. What problems are you running into?
Pulp is pretty close to being able to use version control on the export files with even showing understandable diff's. I'm not asking to add version control to Pulp, but I'm asking to give the option to export the JSON files without being minified.
2. How would this request improve your experience developing for Playdate?
Adding a setting or checkbox somewhere that would 'pretty' export the project JSON file instead of minified would help a lot with storing our games in git + it would help with collaboration, since you are easily able to see what the other person changed in the JSON. That's a lot harder when it's minified.

2 Likes

@stepepson and I are trying to work on Comet together and it can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

Yes. And I've noticed pretty printing the JSON creates a fairly readable and diffable file which can easily be put in version control like Git. This feature makes it easier for all of us.

It's also incredibly easy to add. Just change the JSON.stringify code in the "doExport" function to:
var json = JSON.stringify(data, null, 2);

2 Likes

This was useful information, thank you!