Out now: Soko, a teeny Sokoban game

Hi everyone, I just released my first game for Playdate!

Soko is a teeny Sokoban game. It's bundled with a bunch of levels that should work nicely on the Playdate’s compact screen, but also allows you to import your own levels. And just for fun I added a few unlockable characters, plus a replay feature to rewatch your past solutions.

Give it a look over at itch.io :sparkles:

flan-3-loop

10 Likes

Nice! I do love a bit of Sokoban.

Congrats on the launch.

What font is that you're using in your status bar?

1 Like

ST-DIN :playdate_heart:

I'm using the light variant a bit more than I'd liked (because I love the original/bold version), but it works well for the "less important" labels (:

1 Like

SWEET! :sparkles:

We're about to use it a bit more in Sparrow Solitaire

1 Like

Great game! Where can you find info about custom levels format? Is there any place where you can download extra levels?

1 Like

Hi! Glad you're enjoying the game! :playdate_happy:

The levels are stored in a text file (usually with a .sok, .xsb, .txt extension) using the format as described here: Level format - Sokoban Wiki (though the format is more convention than official standard, so you might run into some variations online)

Multiple puzzles are stored in the same file (seperated by a whiteline) to create a "pack" that you can import into Soko. You can see how the first 10 levels are stored here: sokoflan.txt.zip

For more puzzles, you should be able to find a lot of compatible ones online by searching for Sokoban level packs. For example, Sokoban Levels and Sokoban project both list a lot of packs.

Thank you very much!