Overseer - Metroidvania - devlog

Originally wasn't sure how much I wanted to promote this little project but I thought it'd be fun to share it around at least a little more!

I've been working on this for a few months now. Overseer is a little metroidvania game I'm aiming to keep in a relatively small scope and polish as much as I can. Something that's well achievable for a solo dev. Hoping for maybe a 2 or 3 hour experience.

I'll be sure to update the gifs and images from time to time and I hope y'all enjoy seeing the progress :slight_smile:

playdate-20230924-215721_camera

playdate-20231116-214245_water

playdate-20240114-160903_bossIntro02

19 Likes

LOVE THE ART! Can't wait to see more!!

2 Likes

Thanks! More coming soon :smiley:

I will be updating the main post with core gifs and images but I'll continue the thread for general smaller updates! Been building out a city area

playdate-20240310-173110_cityQuickLook

6 Likes

Well I'm glad you decided to promote this. The game looks pretty slick.

1 Like

Thanks! Glad ya like how it's lookin so far!

That looks amazing! It's giving me strong Dark Castle vibes, a really good game on the OG Macintosh.

I should check that out!

Been working on adding a map system! I plan to only show rooms you've been in and have an icon showing where you are and maybe where save points are

playdate-20240330-233204_map

6 Likes

a little more map work! A bit worried about perf but I'll test it soon and see how that goes. Big concern is how many loops I have to do to draw. Especially things like looping through all entities to find save points. We'll see haha

playdate-20240422-232357_map02

3 Likes