Persistent "New Catalog games!" notification?

Not exactly a SDK bug but I am not sure where else to report... I have been seeing this "New Catalog games!" notification all afternoon.

Normally I would browse the catalog and it would go away, but today it keeps on coming back every 20 minutes. I disabled the notification light which helps a bit, but I would like to get the clock back without that bit of text in the corner. How do I fix this?

I tried rebooting the device, which didn't help.

I also tried just staying inside the Catalog app without returning home, and still see the notification after 20 minutes.

2 Likes

Do you refresh Catalog listing when the app is open? (Press B)

I did try to refresh, the notification still came back after 20 minutes.

I am also seeing this behaviour, the New Catalog Games prompt is showing, but when I browse to the catalog, there are no new games. Mars After Midnight is the newest game in the the new games list.

Did you try updating to firmware version 2.4.2?

I have been running 2.4.2 before receiving the new catalog games notification.

1 Like

There is a server side issue that is triggering this notification and should be resolved shortly.

6 Likes

I'd love to have an option to disable this notification permanently, in addition to just disabling the light. I hear about Catalog games in several other ways.

Being able to mark the “new games available” notice as viewed or hide it would be great as well- I’ve purchased a number of catalog titles I’m intentionally slowly unwrapping, which means the notice is constantly visible rather than only appearing when a new game has been downloaded from the season or catalog.

Perhaps every screen unlock should dismiss a notification that is showing?

Not all notifications, just the one that was showing. It oh s possible to have multiple notifications (new games + system update) with only one showing