Playdate OS/SDK 2.1.1 is now out!

Howdy yall,

Today we're releasing Playdate OS and SDK 2.1.1. This is a quick bug-fix update to correct a problem where the Playdate Simulator console would not output text in macOS Sonoma, and other minor interface fixes related to Sonoma. Otherwise, this update is much the same as 2.1.0.

The OS is available to download on-device to all (no staggered rollout this time), and the SDK is available to download at Develop for Playdate, with the release notes at Playdate SDK Changelog. (Note that Develop for Playdate might show the current release as 2.1.0 until a web server update finishes, but despite that, downloading the SDK will still get you 2.1.1 as of the writing of this post.)

Thanks, and let us know if you run into any issues!

8 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the quick turnaround

1 Like

You're welcome, and thanks for reporting the bug so promptly!

1 Like

Anyone else have issues opening the Catalog after the 2.1.1 update? Every time I try to open it, it crashes, and I get the falling blocks screen. More info says: pdxinfo file not found. There is a hard reboot I can do? Or inspect the data drive and see if something's missing?

@Jommag and I discovered something interesting.

Seems to Simulator printing "OK" when sending CrankRotation event to the device.

Demonstration: https://youtu.be/CpvRUTEd7gg

CC @dave

I suppose it also can be answer by OS's repr to received command, but I can't reproduce it right now. If so it's OK, but anyway it makes dev-logs in Sim's console kinda mess.

I had the same problem this morning with my Playdate (just received). After installing 2.1.1 wifi will not connect & catalog will not open.

If you're still looking for a fix, trying going to System > Games and see if Catalog is actually installed! It wasn't on mine for whatever reason, but after installing everything was working again.

Folks with Catalog issues, couple things to try, if you have access to a computer, mount Playdate as a drive (Settings -> System -> Reboot to Data Disk) and remove the cache files for Catalog. Delete the entire folder com.panic.catalog in the /Data folder. If that doesn't fix the problem you can try uninstalling and re-installing the Catalog app from the Games system settings.

2.2.0 just installed on my Playdate, but I can't find any information about what's new.

4 Likes

The 2.2.0 release notes and SDK should be posted sometime today.

3 Likes

Changelog for 2.2.0 is out! :tada: Waiting for an announcement forum post now (-:

1 Like

We've got a fix for this in today's 2.3 update, fyi :slight_smile:

1 Like