Simulator FPS graph unbounded when FPS >50

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the Playdate is capable of much more than 50 FPS. The bad news is that the yellow FPS graph in the simulator's device info goes above what seems to be the intended top of the graph, covering the information above it. I'm on a 2020 M1 Mac Mini with Sonoma 14.2.1, and my Playdate simulator is version 2.3.1.

To help reproduce the issue, here is a main.lua that causes extremely high FPS (over 1000 FPS on my device).

playdate.display.setRefreshRate(0)

function playdate.update()
end

Here is a screenshot from when I was running my actual game on my device while connected to the simulator.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks, I'll get this fixed up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All fixed up :partying_face: Thanks!

A remaining minor issue is that the FPS label doesn't appear in the graph with extremely high FPS. For example, this screenshot shows an FPS label with 50.8 in the FPS graph. If you look at my previous reply, you'll see that there is no such label in the FPS graph. Should I make a separate thread about that?

I see. The issue is it's drawing in the middle of the graph, which in this case is out of the view. No need to open another issue.

1 Like