Simulator Performance Issues

Do you have any custom extensions, etc that may interact with the normal in-window menu system? E.G. an extension that shows the menu in the global menu bar for example? Or something else that might be trying to read the menu item state repeatedly?

Well yes actually, I'm using the KDE "global menu" graphical element in my status bar. It does work with the Simulator, but I just tried and removing that element does not fix the problem.

It appears something is triggering menu validation repeatedly, instead of only when the menu is shown, causing the Simulator to refresh the device connection excessively which is bogging down the Simulator. Refreshing the device connection when the menu is shown was a new addition in 2.2.

1 Like

Quick update on this, I set up Ubuntu KDE (not Arch) this morning and enabled and disabled the global menu bar and the Simulator worked as expected. Can you think of anything else on your system that would be causing this behavior?

Yeah, I just updated to KDE Plasma 6 which released today and the problem is gone in both X11 and Wayland, even with the global menu bar. The latest SDK version works fine. I have no clue what could have caused it, but maybe it had something to do with my specific install of Plasma 5 ? I didn't have a weird setup or anything, so I don't know.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, I guess it will remain a mystery for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like