Sussy's Floppy Disk-venture (Pulp Game)

Sussy's Floppy Disk-venture
A complete re-imagining of the base pulp game

Play as Sussy! A little dude with a backpack who just wants to go and play some bedwars on his computer- but oh no! He left the floppy disks laying around his home and backyard (because you need floppy disks to play bedwars, obviously.) Find them and return them to the computer to win! There's also a secret one that unlocks a true ending (cool).

[ On a serious note, I did this as a way to get familiar with pulp. I'm not sure if I'll take this anywhere, or make any new games, but I must say I really enjoy pulp as a whole- It makes it really simple to create experiences that are pretty enjoyable! I don't actually have a playdate yet, so if you decide to use one to play this then lmk how it turns out! ]

mainroom

Game Page (Itch.io)

2 Likes

Cool Ashley! That avatar looks a little sus.... :grimacing:

Loving the music and sound effects, the sprite work, and the vibe in the backyard.

On device, a few crashes:

• if I go straight outside after the introduction text, it crashes. If this is helpful, it produced a vague "bad argument #1 to '?' (table expected got nil) in table.insert error.

• after inserting all the floppy disk and getting the message about there being a 5th one, crashes with the same error.

I'm curious now... Let us know if you are able to fix those errors and I'll see if I can get the ~true ending~ ...

1 Like

I'll Review Some Code To See If I Messed Up Anything With Any 'Tables', And I'm Not Sure About That 4-Disk Ending One But I'll Look Over That Too-

And A Hint For The 5th Disk, There's A Wall Somewhere That You Can Actually Walk Through After Getting The 4th Disk.

Overall Though Thank You For The Feedback! I'm Glad Even With A Few Errors It's Still An Enjoyable Experience! :hearts:

Edit:
By 'Outside' Do You Mean The Exit At The Bottom Of The Room?
If So I Think It Has Something To Do With How Pulp Registers Finishing A Game And It Might Be Conflicting With How The Device Processes It?

1 Like

OH I never showed a reason for those crashes, did I?
It's because of how the Playdate processes the 'fin' command in PulpScript.
Whenever the fin command is called it crashes (for whatever reason)

I have had a build that uses an endcard instead, but I'm still improving it
I'll be working on it and will send v2 here soon!
Thanks to everyone who played it!

And also, the backyard has ROCKS /lh
v2 has updated textures dw :broken_heart:

1 Like

Sussys Disk-venture Update 2 - "Look! File Cabinets Are Useful."

Hey everyone! Great to finally release v2 of Sussy's Disk
It's been a hassle to work with it, in all honesty- especially with a lot of personal issues- but everything worked out and the update released!
I'm not gonna go into detail, but here's a full changelog:

Changelog

• Textures Overhauled
  • Edited Music
  • The File Cabinets Actually Become Useful
  • True Ending Easier & Slightly Altered
  • Windows
  • Lack of Crashes
  • Endscreen

Downloads Available On My Itch.io

v1 Downloads (For Archive Reasons)
Pulp:
PulpJSON-sussysfloppydiskventure.zip (5.8 KB)

PDX:
FullPDX-sussysfloppydiskventure.zip (42.0 KB)

1 Like