Tom's Prototypes

Directly inspired by, and acknowledging the greatness of Matt's Prototypes thread, I'm starting my own so that I can post in a central place about experiments I'm doing without flooding the forum.

First up, thanks to SDF2D doing a lot of the hard lifting work, I'm looking into a game similar to Line Rider, the old flash game, but perhaps using the crank to power the player?

Untitled

10 Likes

Aaaaah, super cool! I love this type of game where you have to build the path hahahaha It could be something like that game "Build a Bridge!" too :eyes:

1 Like

Exciting! Following.

1 Like

Playing with a concept this evening, throw something you hate into orbit! Includes a booster (with limited fuel) on the bottom of the box that I haven't actually animated or drawn yet which helps you adjust trajectory.

Untitled

9 Likes

A crank controlled skipping animation with the skipping rope drawn by a polygon, feel like this could be used for a clicker style game.

Untitled

4 Likes

What if it was a real game... tap button to jump and crank to control rope. You could also add in a CPU player who could set and change the rhythm.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now that's an idea! A skipping rhythm game, I love it.

Even if just a thought experiment it's good to figure out what is required to turn a prototype into a "full" game. Cos one of these days you'll want to do it!

1 Like

So I released a port today: Flappybalt by Tom Rhodes

It's a port of a Flappybird-like by the creator of Canabalt. The original is open source, so mine is too if you're a fan of spaghetti: GitHub - tommusrhodus/Flappybalt-port-for-Playdate: A Playdate port of Flappybalt by AdamAtomic

Untitled

3 Likes