Using animated tiles in the card room creates an animated title card

1. Describe your reason for requesting this feature. What problems are you running into?

I don’t believe there’s any way to create an animated title card in pulp at the moment (maybe by editing the pdx?) so I thought that maybe by placing animated tiles in the “card” room it could make the icon for the game animate when hovered over in the Playdate menu.

1. How would this request improve your experience with using Pulp?

It would just help to bring the presentation of pulp games closer to that of game made in the sdk (and I just think it would look cool)

1. Include any other details you have relating to this request.

I think it would be good if pulp could take advantage of some of the features that the sdk could, but in a simpler way that is inline with the current goals for the tool (e.g. Let us set options create in the menu?).

Thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As an addition to this, what about the ability to change the shape of the launch card? It’s usually limited to a rectangle with rounded edges and a black outline, but maybe there could be the ability to change how it’s cropped.

I believe there is a way to do this by editing the pdx, but I think one of the best things about pulp is the visual interface and being able to see your changes in real time with minimal code.

For reference, the blueish area is cropped out and treated as transparent when compiled, so maybe a pen tool to change the shape?

1 Like