Value timers don't work with vectors when x component of both start and end values is zero

I've been using value timers to animate the positions of sprites. For convenience, I've been using vector2Ds so I can achieve this with a single timer (see A list of helpful libraries and code - #125 by Ebs). This works great, although it seems there's a bug: if both the startValue and endValue vectors are zero in the x component (in other words, y-axis-only animations), then the interpolation short circuits and the timer reports the supplied endValue as the current value for the full duration of the timer.

Here's a repro:

local x1, y1, x2, y2 = 0, 100, 0, 0 -- fails
	-- local x1, y1, x2, y2 = 0.00001, 100, 0, 0 -- works
	-- local x1, y1, x2, y2 = 100, 0, 0, 0 -- works
	-- local x1, y1, x2, y2 = 0, 100, 1, 0 -- works
	-- local x1, y1, x2, y2 = 100, 0, 1, 0 -- works

local v1 = playdate.geometry.vector2D.new(x1, y1)
	local v2 = playdate.geometry.vector2D.new(x2, y2)
	local t = playdate.timer.new(100, v1, v2)
	t.updateCallback = function(t) print(t.value) end

It's just come to my attention that changes to the Playdate easing functions in SDK 2.5.0 prevent their use with vectors entirely, which essentially invalidates this issue. I'm not sure if the impact on vectors was considered when that change was made, or if vectors were ever expected to be supported with easing, but it would be really convenient if they were. See the link in the original post for an example use case.

Vectors were indeed never meant to be supported with the easing functions, they just happened to work previously because vectors override the arithmetic operators.

The code for the easing transitions is in CoreLibs so hopefully it's easy enough to copy out the bits you need for your needs. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.