.wav marker callbacks

Hello! I've been doing a lot of prototyping lately with MIDI and audio/visual sync and I was wondering if there have been any requests for .wav marker support. If not, I'd like to make one.

Just for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_VI9up23nQ

I would really like to have a way to receive a callback when these are triggered during sampleplayer and fileplayer playback. Some way to set up a callback that receives the Marker Name as a string would allow me to catch events like "SpawnFX" etc in Lua that are in sync with the audio playback.

As an alternative to having these, I've been playing a fileplayer and a sequence simultaneously, and using MIDI note on's to trigger callbacks. It works for the most part, but a .wav marker solution would be a more direct way of doing what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks for your consideration!

Meanwhile...

Can you export these markers?

It seems like it would be trivial to write a small function to check the current play head location against a list of markers using something like a select case statement.

1 Like

Nice. Yeah, that’s a simple and elegant solution so long as I can find a way to export a csv or something. Reaper is probably my best bet - this looks promising: Export Marker list to text file - Cockos Incorporated Forums

Maybe use ffmpeg or ffprobe ?

Could even integrate it into your build system.