What the Crow?! / Midnight Raider / Prototypes

Thicker text to be easier to read. Also updated the box container.
dialogue

6 Likes

That is PERFECT. I'm so hype for this.

2 Likes

Well enemies are sort of working... and that player hit animation is... something else. But don't worry, I just threw it in there just to have some frames in before I actually animate

playerHit

5 Likes

Got the hearts health working in the correct direction (previously was going from left to right). Tried the blinking/flashing, but ultimately decided on a little wiggle shake.

beating

4 Likes

Looks cool! I'm seeing the value of fillWhite! And the new font is great as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! It does look better that way for the font.

1 Like

Testing out jump kicks.

jumpKick

1 Like

Camera is not smooth yet, but started to implement a logic where the you are not allowed to move forward until you clear the stage.

This achieves a few things:

• Prevents the player from running or jumping through levels
  • Increases fps performance as there isn't as much camera and parallax movement while fighting
  • Adds a bit more strategy versus just attacking whoever you want

stagesTest

3 Likes

Get ready to crank! I now have the crank animate the player in the direction the crank is facing.

crank

3 Likes

Part of the intro animation

introStoryboard-bikeJump

4 Likes

Going nowhere....

playerBike 4

1 Like

This is exactly what I want to see and play on my playdate! Love the progress, its amazing!

1 Like

Glad to hear! Thank you!

These look really cool. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

A sneak peak, but hiding the script as not to spoil the story.

storyPanel

3 Likes

Rebuilding the shadow is tricky with the camera panning. Got something working, but still needs a lot of work.

shadowrework2

5 Likes

Looks perfect to me!

1 Like

Getting somewhere with rebuilding the shadows (thanks to Gamma and SquidGod for support) and now with enemies! It's not performing quite well on device, but working on optimizing it.

shadowEnemies

2 Likes

Possible to use prerendered shadows instead of polygons? Let's find out. Thanks @AdamsImmersive for the idea!

shadows-table

4 Likes

Here is the shadow now in sprite form! The jump will need additional logic, but happy so far with the results and performance gains!

shadowSprite

3 Likes