Xcode: Deploy to device

Hi, can anyone point me to any documentation on how to deploy to a device using Xcode? I am able to use deploy and debug to the simulator but I don't know how to do it for the device. I have the device attached to my computer using a usb-c to usb-c but not sure what to do next.

Hey cool, I didn't know you could easily (?) use Xcode for Playdate dev. Currently using Nova but have to decide if I should pay up when my trial expires.

To answer your question, I don't believe it is possible to deploy directly to device regardless of environment. You run on the sim first, and then upload to the device FROM the sim.[1] That said, maybe that can be automated somehow?

[1]https://sdk.play.date/1.11.1/Inside%20Playdate.html#_running_your_game_on_playdate_hardware

Yes! There's a section under the C API docs for Xcode development.

Ok, yes I was able to deploy through the simulator. I guess, is it possible to debug source code while running on the device? In this case, the debugger would be debugging the simulator code not the device right?

Thanks for that.

If there is a way to debug on device I'm not aware of it. The docs only mention profiling malloc calls on device.