Addled, a classic puzzle with some new twists

It's so weird that you're seeing these issues intermittently. All I can think of is that there's a timing issue, something I'll never see in the simulator but something that can happen on a real device.

I might try tightening up the code around that part in a future release, but there's no specific thing I can think of that could cause this. I can only apologise if it affects your playing experience.

Has anyone else reading this seen Martin's issue ?

@grid I've talked to a couple of people playing on a real device who aren't seeing this issue. I'm wondering if there's a memory leak issue, maybe not even in Addled. Do you leave your device on all the time or is it regularly restarted?

I do leave it on all the time. I've had a few crashes in the last few days, mostly while playing Questy Chess (which sadly seems particularly prone to it), but also with the previous version of Addled, as I mentioned. Other than those recent happenings, I can't remember ever having my playdate crash previously.

That's interesting behaviour Martin. I'll have a look at my code, see if Addled is possibly a cause of a memory leak. If you find this behaviour continuing I'd suggest regular restarts of your PlayDate to see if it helps.

I played another batch of levels this morning, and didn't notice anything strange happen this time around. :man_shrugging:

That's very strange Martin. I'm going to do an update with anything I can think of to improve performance in that game physics algorithm that seems to be troubling you, hopefully get it out in a couple of days.

Hey, you should add this game to the community wiki, Stephen!