ALPHA RELEASE Productivity App: GlyphNotes

EDIT: GLYPHNOTES HAS BEEN RELEASED(ALPHA)
So, I finally reached a great spot to release an alpha version of GlyphNotes!
DOWNLOAD @ ITCH.IO

You can also check out my thoughts on this release with some explanation of features in my alpha release devblog! Thanks for checking out my app :smiley:
ALPHA RELEASE DEVBLOG

Hi Everyone!

I'm nearly complete on my first app for the playdate called "GlyphNotes". This has been a great first project to start learning LUA and some of the quirks of the PlayDate SDK.

*I started this project for someone close to me as I prepare to gift them a playdate for the holidays. *
*They are an avid note taker and like having lists with them when doing certain things. *
With the pocket-sized nature of the playdate, it surprised me that there aren't more productivity apps on the device. (I only see one on the playdate catalogue)

At launch this app will have the ability to create and manage "books". Books contain pages and pages contain lines. Each page will essentially contain an infinite number of lines to write on and up to 99 pages. Multiple custom fonts are currently implemented, including a written alphabet created by the person who I am making this for :slight_smile: I spent a fair bit of time on the audio as well. I wanted to make it feel rustic and like you were actually handling a book.

In the future (after the holidays) I plan to add more features like a calendar or memos. If the playdate SDK ever supports HTTPS calls then I also wish to create a feature to allow users to send mail to friends.

GlyphNotes
playdate-20231220-033308

4 Likes

More grease to your elbow!!!Looking forward to app launch.

1 Like

So, I finally reached a great spot to release an alpha version of GlyphNotes!
DOWNLOAD @ ITCH.IO

You can also check out my thoughts on this release with some explanation of features in my alpha release devblog! Thanks for checking out my app :smiley:
ALPHA RELEASE DEVBLOG

1 Like