E Y E L A N D / v2 UPDATE on itch!

ah - i'll have to check it out

might help clean up a few choky bits ... OR maybe my crap code will cause the whole world to collapse.

thanks!

So just popping in here to say INCREDIBLE!

The art, the sound design, the narrative, the game design. A surprising amount of stuff packed into such a delightful package. I could walk around for an hour+ just appreciating the art here.

This is everything I wanted from Pulp and the Playdate. Congrats on such a wonderful game! Can’t wait to see what comes next for you

3 Likes

Thank you for playing, @thetal0n !

I'm glad you liked it. :playdate_happy:

1 Like

@thetal0n

PS - i appreciate that you noticed the little details! i worry sometimes that those little things might get overlooked. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

1 Like

@ronlent You’re kidding, right? You’re trying to tell us that this is your first attempt at making a game? I do not believe it for a second, but nice try!

This game is incredible. So many little touches that I can tell took you a lot of time to get just right. Every screen is a little work of art. Amazing job! The worst thing about it is that I thought my Pulp games were decent, but so much for that!

1 Like

I played this through just now on my Playdate. It was just what I was imagining would be on this system in that it was filled with charm and character packed into such a small package. It was really great.

1 Like

@raspberrybrain

:rofl: it's true!

thank you for playing / compliments!

@Brent

Glad you like!

I'M ENVIOUS! i'm dying to play it on the real thing! I'm still waiting for it to arrive (group2). I'm glad it worked out well!

Can I ask -- did it have any lag? sound glitches? hiccups? GHOSTS?!?!

LATEST BETA VERSION HERE

I think it's pretty close! -- Until my Playdate arrives and I can test it out on the machine itself, I'm going to stop making any more edits / tweaks / fixes ...

EDIT::
EYELAND IS NOW UP ON ITCH!
so I am pulling the jsons here in this thread
>> LINK to EYELAND on ITCH <<

• switched to my "twoFace Multi" font

• altered the character / animation a little bit (the old one was a bit TOO bouncy for me)

• little tweaks and technical edits / bug fixes

• some artwork polishing. :playdate_happy:

1 Like

I didn’t experience any lag. I did not notice any sound glitches, although I was on speaker mid-volume.

Just from the screenshots I'm shocked by the artstyle. It's gorgeous. And 2MB?? Incredible, gonna play it now.
Edit: I feel like the bar for Pulp has been raised singlehandedly by this game. Incredible job Ron!

2 Likes

@seacreek

Thank you - and thanks for playing! I'm so glad you liked it!
:playdate_happy: :playdate_happy: :playdate_happy:

Hi Ronlent! Are you gonna release this on itch? Would be a great addition and not all people have devforum accounts (you need to be logged in to download files from the forums).

1 Like

@UnbelievableFlavour

I am! / the itch page is in the works/on hold. I was waiting for my Playdate to arrive so I could test it on the device first ... but I'm getting antsy ...
:grimacing:

1 Like

Cool! I Will wait patiently then :smiley:

1 Like

Does anyone have a pdx that can be side loaded via the web? I can load the json into pulp on my phone but it doesnt let me create a pdx.

1 Like

hi - @deanhuff

EDIT::
EYELAND IS NOW UP ON ITCH!
so I am pulling the jsons here in this thread
>> LINK to EYELAND on ITCH <<

1 Like

yes, that one sideloads fine. I will give it a play through soon!....I'm looking forward to it!

1 Like

I absolutely loved this game. Pulp has really opened the doors to all sorts of extremely solid design from new developers.

1 Like

@deanhuff - hope you have fun!

1 Like