Generic gamepad/controller support for Mirror / Simulator

I'm using a bluetooth controller from a defunct console called OUYA

The controller is paired and works through Chrome on my M1 Mac.

Examples of working websites:

The hardware tester site shows the buttons being mapped to the expected buttons for a playstation controller.

I can't get it to do anything in Mirror or the Simulator tough.
Is anything known about what kind of controllers are supported on Mac?

Updating the sdk to 2.4.1 from 2.1.1 seems to have made a difference: the controller is now selectable in the controllers dropdown

But the controls menu doesn't have an options to set the controller as active input

1 Like

The Sim works differently than Mirror. The controller is always active (as well as keyboard shortcuts). No need to select it in the menu. We use this to provide us with controller profiles which we update on a semi regular basis in the simulator and mirror: GitHub - mdqinc/SDL_GameControllerDB: A community sourced database of game controller mappings to be used with SDL2 Game Controller functionality

Oh, I also updated SDL in SDK 2.4 which might have also added support for this controller. :slight_smile:

The controller is referenced in the gamecontrollerdb.txt you mentioned; 6 times even. I guess I'm out of luck?

I found this tool, which let's you create your own mapping and set it as an environment variable for any sdl2 game to pick up. Works with Simulator!

2 Likes