Grhm's unfinished demo's and template projects

I have a bunch of demo projects that I don't have much use for. You are free to use use these projects if you want. No credit needed. I may post more projects in this thread down the road.

The code down below is not perfect. These are just some projects that I scrapped.

Turn based RPG with name creator, menu, XP, health, and random battles (unfinished):
firefox_Kg1gpXDi3x

topdown RPG tutorial_pulp_source.zip (11.2 KB)

Basic platformer:
firefox_ZFMqw5KyUn

plat_test.zip (2.6 KB)

Pulp Minigolf (nanogolf):
firefox_wgQXH90Iw2

nano golf.zip (4.6 KB)

Text adventure:
firefox_TdxQ6aPTOR

Pulp Adventure.zip (4.3 KB)

Block sliding puzzle game:
firefox_D3xGxB2Uuy

Puzzle_test.zip (3.0 KB)

Glider Pro Demake (scrapped project):
firefox_IDXHs6y94I

Glider-date_gliderpro_demake.zip (4.9 KB)

5 Likes

Love all the variety here and inventive pulp use!

1 Like

firefox_URGB6hw1Lw
I updated the platformer project and added proper falling. If you are falling, you cannot spam the A button to keep floating. I also added item blocks you can headbutt and tiles you can break.

Play_grav_test_3.zip (3.0 KB)

Update: Now with working pipes.
firefox_llKzSnsDmY

Play_grav_test_3 (2).zip (4.1 KB)

2 Likes

Forgot an old project of mine. Pulpy Tanks.
msedge_aECimDoH9Y
pulpy_tanks.zip (4.4 KB)

Lastly, I will include a game I've been working on and off. Lost Beyond. A game where you are stranded on an alien ship.

firefox_rYv7vWw7Ug
Lost Beyond.zip (7.8 KB)

2 Likes

Including source code for two of my games available on itch.io

Deadly Disco, a dance game with falling floor. Featured on ART&more.

Deadly Disco.zip (14.1 KB)

Slider-X, a four way block matching game.

Slider-X.zip (14.3 KB)

Both games are licensed as: CC BY 4.0 Deed | Attribution 4.0 International | Creative Commons

2 Likes

An old Rogue-like I was working on. You are free to use. Has random floor layouts, items, enemies. No fog of war yet.
screenshot
Rogue_test.zip (5.8 KB)

Would love any explanation on how you approached the random room generation on this!

1 Like

I tried to make a random maze generator, but I couldn't figure it out. What I created was way too random. What I did instead was made it where each floor had 4 versions that were similar to each other.

For example, I could create a room called 10th floor, but have seperate pulp rooms called 10th_floorA, 10th_floorB, 10th_floorC, and 10th_floorD. If you reach the exit, a random number generator would take you to one of those 4 rooms.

I also had random number generators for items and enemies. I created init blocks for items and enemies that would spawn items and enemies depending on the random numbers.

1 Like

Ah that's insightful, thanks! Sounds like a smart approach :+1:

1 Like