Following up! We were able to use pdc to build our project on Windows from the command line. Our team member, being less familiar with command line tools, didn’t realize at first that the source and destination options needed to be relative to the current folder, or full file paths. It’s always interesting to see what someone does with instructions and their assumptions.
Then we ran into a problem where pdc threw an error about our pdxinfo’s bundleID. It said we needed to use reverse DNS style, which we definitely are:
bundleID=com.teambottle.ProjectBottle. We even replaced it with the example,
com.panic.b360, but it wouldn’t build. we tried a bunch of variations, until we finally just deleted the bundleID line. Then it built just fine
However, we weren’t able to use pdutil to install the project, because Windows insisted on connecting the Playdate as a USB device every time it plugged in. If we manually ejected the Playdate as a disk, then ran
pdutil install game.pdx, Windows would reconnect as a USB disk, and pdutil threw an error about the device not being available. We went through several steps to disable automount, scrub the history of automounts, etc, but couldn’t get Playdate to stop connecting as a disk… so ultimately we decided to just replace the .pdx folder in the Games/ directory manually! That works well enough for now.