In development: Eva Tactis Strategy Game

I bought visual novel assets that I modified to be compatible with the playdate screen. It's a big job that requires more or less 2 hours per model.

Aiko_face

6 Likes

I love the result. These 3 years of art lessons. will not be of any use to me in the end...

Was looking through the developer forums to see if anyone else was working on strategy games for the Playdate, really really stoked to see your work and progress on this! I hope the development is going well, I'm very new to development so I'm just dipping my toes in, but it's inspiring seeing that it's possible on the hardware! ^^

^^ Thank you for your message, Pandamanical. Creating a strategy game might not have been the easiest choice, now that I think about it, but I'll hang in there to finish it!

I underestimated how much time the details can take. Dialogue, mission scripts, the end screen, and saving – all of these aspects require considerable time. Despite all of this, it's a project that I'm personally very proud of. The part on artificial intelligence via StateMachine was simply fantastic to create.

Capture vidéo du 29-09-2023 16_01_54
Here is an alpha version of the first level, which will serve as a tutorial. You can observe all the elements interacting with each other.

1 Like

Today, I'm posting my project with the repository and the build. Unfortunately/Fortunately, I have a job in the same field that takes up a lot of my time, as well as a life outside of work. This project has been very enjoyable for a year, but unfortunately, it's too complicated to finish. There's a lot of balancing, fixing, adding characters, and creating storylines left to do. In short, I aimed too high for a first attempt. Nonetheless, I'm very proud of the work I've accomplished. I managed to implement an AI and establish the turn system, which was an enormous task that taught me a lot. If anyone finds the code interesting, it's now public. So, enjoy it and have fun, just like I did with this project. Kisses.

2 Likes

Oh noooo! :frowning: I was really excited for this game

1 Like