I started developing in lua with Love2d. And I have switch for playdateSdk not long ago. hi started last year. I resumed development when the playdate SDK arrived. I had to stop for fear of not being able to adapt the game on it
Other than the use of Advance Wars and (I assume) Neon Genesis Evangelion artwork, both of which may incur issues regarding copyright, especially with Nintendo, who has a penchant for killing any fan work that has their property, I REALLY like the work you've put in here.
In NO way am I discouraging you from making this. I do think you may wish to consider giving the game your own artistic design or style to give it a little more unique flavor to it. If the stuff here is just placeholders, that's totally cool, and it looks very promising. Just a heads up.
Thank you for your interest in EvaTactis. The game is based on a gamePlay of the same style as AdvanceWar. And I started by taking inspiration from evangelion. After spending a lot of time designing/developing. I started thinking about a universe specific to games. The assets shared here are still for example. They will be replaced for creations specific to the games. apart from the profiles (advance war) and the menu image. The rest is homemade. Anyway, thank you for your comment.
As long as the Advance Wars and Evangelion artwork is just a placeholder, that's totally okay. I'm very excited to see the universe and characters you create for this game, and will happily follow your progress.
I add an AI to the game. He has the ability to build a new unit if he has the necessary coins/money. Units can capture factories, approach/away from enemy and attack them. AIs are not all the same and can act differently. It's still basic
My first optimization concerns the tiles. Basically, I created a homemade tileMap. Now I use the tilemap created by Panic (6fps -> 25fps). And in a second step, I optimized my algorithms. I have a lot of matrix paths. The biggest work was to reduce as much as possible these matrix paths (7~9fps). Finally I reorganized the structure of my project to make it more readable.
during my summer vacation, I started to create a basic map editor. indeed, it is possible to load and save the map. in the near future I will add a button to create a new map and delete it. But the hardest part is done.
Updated the level editor to be 100% functional. The game is currently in V0.6. The objective of V0.7 is to have all the necessary bases to add new collaborator to the project. such as a level designer. Professional graphic designer. etc
This week I added the dialog screen. This screen is fully finished and functional. Just add the dialogs to the level data file. Several dialogues exist. Pre game, after game, start game, end game, script game, each dialogue is composed of: "Text", "Characters": Akane, ... "Position":1(left), 2(Right) "expression": smile, ... "Place": school, ... I also added to the screen transition the unload function which allows you to unload screens that will no longer be useful.