NTP synchronisation

Just received physical device and set up with account and wifi. Next day it tells me it's January 1st, 8pm ...

Should it sync time online automatically? Or is there something I need to do to trigger this?

2 Likes

My understanding was that it syncs with the computer when you plug it in-- mine did at least. However the time is in UTC and doesn't support timezone yet. Again, just from what I've heard in the discord, not sure 100%.

1 Like

It updated to UTC when I first uploaded a game. Thanks.

1 Like

my new playdate is also in UTC so it makes a rather annoying desktop clock (while i'm working) until summer time ends of course here in the UK. Then it wont be annoying. :slight_smile: i suppose i could set the clock incorrectly on the mac then send a game down to it... love the device btw. porting my game i wrote using love2d in the evenings... Simon

Noting as a developer running the SDK on Linux that it didn't appear to sync the time at all in that case. I assume NTP is planned (hopefully end users would not need to connect to a computer), but just being able to manually set the clock would also be a welcome addition.

1 Like

It looks like as of Sdk 0.11, this is resolved. Playdate now has a setup process that helps you pick a timezone, and then it looks like it hits NTP to get the correct time.

Thanks, Panic devs!