Options for art pipeline if using Pulp?

Hey everyone!

I'm just starting my journey with Playdate and Pulp right now. I've got a relatively simple design I think Pulp can handle, but I'm struggling with the tools and limitations a bit (which I know are kind of the point). I'm used to making art for video games...

I'd like to use a different program to make my sprites and then load them in somehow? Especially if I'm planning a larger, multi-titile background or object. Is this a thing? Can I edit my tiles outside of pulp and then load them back in?

Or even just, could the tiles exported in the PDX file from pulp be edited and saved over?

Here's a post explaining how to import tiles: How do I import a sprite? - #2 by neven

Thanks so much! I couldn't find that. I'll give it a shot!