Playdate not detected in Linux

Hey,
So I got the SDK working on my Arch system, but if I plug my Playdate in the Simulator just doesn't detect it. The console charges but the Simulator doesn't see it and I can't use it as a controller or upload my build to it. The problem can't be the cable or the port because if I plug my phone in with the same cable, it can trasfer data just fine. It's the cable that came with the Playdate.
Is this just not supported on linux ? Or are there special instructions to get it working ? I couldn't find any info anywhere about that.

Hello,
Is your Playdate unlocked ? When you plug it in, a button should appear in the lower right corner of the simulator when the Playdate is unlocked.

Well I don't know how I missed this before, but it is in fact detected. However, the console tells me this:

17:58:48: Device Connected: /dev/ttyACM0
17:58:48: Couldn't open /dev/ttyACM0 (13)

And when I try to upload my game to it, it loads for a minute and gives me this:

17:59:13: Command buffer error: [datadisk]
Copying game to the Playdate encountered an error.
18:02:33: Device Disconnected: /dev/ttyACM0
18:02:33: Serial port was not open.

And the whole time nothing at all happened on the playdate, even when trying other options like "Use device as controller".
I'm not sure what to make of this...

can you try the following ? chmod a+rw /dev/ttyACM0 after your playdate is connected and unlocked potentially running this will prevent you from having to do this previous call on every reboot if it works: adduser $USER $(stat --format="%G" /dev/ttyACM0 ) but it requires a logon / logoff

This should be taken care of when you run the setup.sh script in the SDK folder. Did you run that script?

Yup, that worked ! I had installed the SDK from the AUR so I just assumed everything was set up properly. And strangely the install.sh was missing from /opt/playdate-sdk where the PKGBUILD installed it. I had to download the SDK again to get setup.sh. Anyway, thanks !

Someone made an AUR eh, that's probably against our EULA (no redistribution). Regardless, glad you got it sorted out.