Playdate OS/SDK 2.2.0 is now out!

Howdy yall,

This week, we've been rolling out Playdate OS and SDK 2.2.0. The OS was released to all users Tuesday (Jan 9), the release notes were posted to the Playdate SDK Changelog yesterday, and the SDK became available at Develop for Playdate today! (Note that Develop for Playdate might show the current release as 2.1.1 until a web server update finishes, but despite that, downloading the SDK will still get you 2.2.0 as of the writing of this post.)

This update contains a large number of small additions, changes, and fixes, including many that have been in the works for a while. See what's new at the Playdate SDK Changelog!

Thanks as always for your support, and Happy New Year! Please let us know if you find any problems in this release.

21 Likes

OS Bug report!

Also I had just found unexpected behaviour. After uninstalling all games (don’t ask for what I did it) some games will be automatically download and installed in background. I did it again, uninstall. Then after couple hours I see new installed games again! I’ve reproduced it already three or four times.
That’s funny but not expectable.

This is a real problem. Device making connection almost every hour and trying to download new games from entire season.

1 Like