Pulpmon - Dev Blog

Yeah hope it too. Would love to play around on it soon.

Hi! I'm ready to add some more so I'm looking into your Pulpmons :slight_smile: Any idea on how I can import this? or are these only for ideas?

If you've downloaded them, you should be able to import them fairly easily. In the Room section, in the space between the room viewer and the Tiles area, there are import and export buttons. I just tried it myself in another project, so I can confirm!

@JGB I've added all of them, the monsters, the sounds. Sorry it took a while. I also had some other projects going on. They look & sound great! If you find the time I would love to get some more sounds & sprites from you. It would really help me out!

I'm glad you like em! I'll see what I can do, but I will also be somewhat occupied with stuff til next month, but then I'll be very free. What kinds of sounds are you after?

Im after the following sounds,
Different move sound
Level up sound
Party heal sound
Catching sound
World music
And probably Everything you can think of.

Im very bad at sounds :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey man! So sorry I took forever to get back to ya here. My plate is finally relatively clear!
I've thrown together a few sounds. I started on a little adventure theme as well, but I wanted to get that and the battle tune done before I send them. In the meantime, here's the sounds.

Not a problem at all! Thank you for still looking at it.

Awesome stuff! Did you remove the Download Link? Would love to test it out :slight_smile:

Download link is still up above. Also it now has An official itch page where I will constantly keep releasing the latest version.

1 Like

@JGB Added the above to the game! Most have a place already aside from the heal since healing items aren't finished yet.

I have a question though. When I import yours the names are ofcourse different from mine since we didnt set a template yet for the soudns. Is it OK if I send you my sound table and that we work from there? That way we have 2 advantages.

• They immediatly work ingame without renaming and checking against my sounds.
  • We have naming consistency
  • You can see all the empty sounds that aren't added yet but have already been configured right now.

I will work on finishing up the next area soon too. Adding in a new town + working on the first Gym now!

That sounds completely reasonable to me! Plus I have since figured out the upload function here and I won't need to involve Dropbox haha.

pulp-sounds.json.zip (1.1 KB)

Here is the first setup. I made the level up sound a little bit shorter because that felt more natural. Hope you are OK with that!

1 Like

pulpmon sounds 4-18.json.zip (1.2 KB)
Updated! Yeah, you're making the game and actually hearing the sounds in context, so I'm fine with these just being a jumping off point for you to refine as you see fit! And this was also a very good way to ensure you're getting the right sounds. I'll try and get you a couple tunes soon as well!

1 Like

Disappointed that there is no private message option on this forum, or at least if there is - I couldn't find it. UnbelievableFlavour, your game has a lot of potential. I am a professional writer located in the US. I'd like to possibly contribute to your project to iron out the text if you'd be interested. Please let me know how to get in touch if so.

Private messaging is definitely available on de devforums! You can click on a users name, that will take you to their profile where you can send messages. You may give pointers on the story if you like, though we are in VERY early stages of the story so there isn't a lot yet to talk about. Ofcourse if you like we can work together on getting what's currently in the game just right.

I can get to your profile page but couldn't locate the messaging link.

Drop me a line at captainjd151@gmail.com if you have a chance.

Your forum account probably just needs to level up by posting/browsing more before PMs are unlocked, as part of the standard spam prevention

I've send you a mail!

Looks really good cant wait to try it out.

1 Like