Happy near year everyone!
I wanted to introduce a project I've been working on called
Soundpal is a basic MP3 player. It has various configuration options built in to suit your particular needs.
I know there are a few other music player projects out there! If this one doesn't fit your needs, maybe one of these does:
- Musik by @nanobot567
- If you're a developer who owns a different music player, let me know. I'd love to link to them here.
- Two new visualizers
- Fix autolock bug
- Fix menu scrolling bug
- Basic ID3 (v2/3) tag support: song, artist, album
- Basic sorting: all songs, artist, artist+album
- Randomization / Loop modes
- Toggle between light & dark themes
- Choose between a handful of fonts
- Choose between various text legibility options
- Choose between four "visualizers": cycle or toggle off to save battery life
- No scrubbing support
- No custom playlist support
- Does not display album art
Directions for how to install (to hardware, sim -- though I think many folks here already know how) as well as where to put your music files is available on the website (and in the
README bundled in the zip). It's lengthy, so I didn't want to pollute this post with them.
Assorted other dev notes:
- This project was built using the C-API.
- All rendering is live, using primitive drawing APIs. No pre-rendered artwork (other than the fonts).
- There is more to come -- but it's not quite ready to show off yet!
Happy to answer any questions, feedback, and any bug reports for songs that might be troublesome (I've run into a few, myself).